Pre-Conference Short Courses (held at Charles Sturt University)
The following short courses, held from 8:00 - 17:00 on Monday December 10th at Charles Sturt University, are offered in conjunction with Fish Passage 2018 and the First Symposium on Hydropower and Fish Management.
Short course fees are in addition to the cost of conference registration and includes:
- Course registration
- Bus transportation to and from Albury Entertainment Centre
Attendees can register for short courses during the online conference registration process via the following link: https://members.asnevents.com.au/event/1574/
Please note that listed rates include taxes (GST). $USD listed rates are an approximation based on an exchange rate of $0.78 to the $AUD.
|Course Title||Instructors||Duration||Cost||Class Size|
|Dam Removal around the World||Laura Wildman, Princeton Hydro, USA
Matthew Gordos, NSW Department of Primary Industries - Fisheries, Australia
Amy Singler, American Rivers & The Nature Conservancy, USA
Herman Wanningen, World Fish Migration Foundation, Netherlands
Peter Gough, Natural Resources Wales, United Kingdom
Gordon O’Brien, University of Mpumalanga and University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Robin Petersen, Kruger National Park, South Africa
Paulo Pompeu, Universidade Federal de Lavras, Brazil
Olles Calles, Karlstad University, Sweden
|Full Day||$250 AUD / $200 USD||10 - 20|
|Fishway Design Workshop||Dr Martin Mallen-Cooper, Fishway Consulting Services, Australia
Tim Marsden, Australasian Fish Passage Services, Australia
Dr Lee Baumgartner, Institute for Land Water and Society, Charles Sturt University, Australia
William Rice, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Mountain-Prairie Region, USA
|Full Day||$265 AUD / $205 USD||20 - 40|
|Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) modelling of river hydraulics with Eulerian-Lagrangian-Agent Method (ELAM) modelling of fish movement behaviour||Daniel Zielinski, Great Lakes Fisheries Commission, Michigan, USA
R. Andrew Goodwin, U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Centre, Oregon, USA
|Full Day||$50 AUD / $40 USD||10 - 20|
|Environmental DNA (eDNA) sampling for freshwater species: a practitioner’s perspective on its development, characteristics, and applications to fish passage and aquatic connectivity||Kellie J. Carim, U.S. Forest Service, National Genomics Center for Wildlife and Fish Conservation, USA||Full Day||$50 AUD / $40 USD||10 - 35|
|Design, Construction and Operation of PIT Tag Monitoring Systems||Warren Leach & Hugo Marques, Oregon RFID||Full Day||$50 AUD / $40 USD||10 - 20|
Courses will be held at Charles Sturt University. Delegates will meet at the Fish Passage 2018 Conference Venue – the Albury Entertainment Centre, where they will be transported by bus to and from the university campus.
Please email ASN Events email@example.com if you have any queries regarding short course registration, and include FP2018 in the subject line.
- To participate in any of these courses, you must first register for the conference. You are not allowed to attend a course without also attending the conference.
- The cost of the courses is not included in the conference registration fee. Therefore, you need to register for the conference and select which course you’d like to attend as a separate step during the registration process. On site conference and course registrations will not be an option because we anticipate reaching our limit of attendees before that date.
- Courses that do not attract a minimum number of participants will be cancelled, and in such cases your course fee will be reimbursed in full. You will be notified and offered a spot in one of the remaining courses if spaces are available.
- Courses will be capped at the maximum enrolment to maintain the quality of the courses. Please ensure you book early to secure a placement.