Thank you for your interest in submitting an abstract for consideration at Fish Passage 2018 which incorporates the First Symposium on Hydropower and Fish Management.
Please follow the below link to formally submit your abstract for oral and poster presentations.
Abstracts have a 300 word count limit. Please have your abstract open (and saved) in word processing software (not PDF) before starting the submission process.
Special Edition of Journal of Ecohydraulics
We are pleased to inform that the Journal of Ecohydraulics will publish a Special Issue to accommodate abstracts submitted to Fish Passage 2018. Interested authors will be provided the opportunity to nominate their abstract during the formal conference submission process for consideration for publication. Abstracts will be reviewed with invitations offered to publish with final manuscripts due by November 30th.
A selection of themes (listed below) has been nominated for the conference. Please select the best theme that matches the subject matter of your presentation. If you feel that a matching category is not present, please select “Other”.
- Hydropower and Fish Symposium
- Fish passage cultural significance
- Fish passage in tropical systems
- Fish Passage in the Mekong Basin
- Non-salmonid fish passage
- Downstream fish passage
- Best practice diversion screening
- When not to incorporate fish passage
- Defining a “successful” fishway
- Fish passage engineering advancements
- Individuals to populations – quantifying connectivity
- Advances in monitoring fish passage and fish migration
- Dam removal
- Road Crossing Remediation
- Reconnecting with floodplains and wetlands
- Estuarine fish passage barriers
- Policy – lessons learned and future opportunities
- Managed flows, Environmental flow and fish passage
- Fish passage and river operations
- Cold Water Pollution mitigation
If you have any questions or difficulties with the abstract submission process, please contact the professional conference organiser ASN Events directly on the below details, ensuring to include FP2018 in the subject line:
Ruby Hatfield at RH@asnevents.net.au or +61 3 8658 9530 (please note Australia time is GMT + 11:00 Eastern Time – Sydney, Melbourne).